Basic Level EMT:
- In NYS, you must be at least 18 years old or older
- You must join an EMS agency (many agencies will help pay the tuition)
- You must locate and enroll in an EMT Basic Course (109-hour state approved training course in emergency medical technology and emergency vehicle operation)
- You must prepare to pass your certification exam with a 100% on the practical (hands-on) and a 70% on the written.
- Upon completion of the course, you must meet your local departments requirements to practice at the EMT-B level